A new title
The title of the book has changed slightly, from Beginning Google Maps Applications to Beginning Google Maps API 3. I think the new title better reflects the content of the book. It’s after all about version 3 of the API.
The book finally weighed in at 279 pages and consists of 10 chapters and an Appendix. I think that the chapters cover pretty much everything you need to know to develop your own map solutions. Here’s a complete list of them all:
- Chapter 1: Introducing the Google Maps API
- Chapter 2: Transferring from Version 2 to 3
- Chapter 3: Creating Your First Map
- Chapter 4: Taking the Map Further with MapOptions
- Chapter 5: X Marks the Spot
- Chapter 6: Marker Icons
- Chapter 7: InfoWindow Tips and Tricks
- Chapter 8: Creating Polylines and Polygons
- Chapter 9: Dealing with Massive Numbers of Markers
- Chapter 10: Location, Location, Location
- Appendix: API Reference
Buying the book
I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am that my book is finally finished! It’s taken me over a year to complete it but oh how good it feels right now! If you’re interested in buying it, it’s available for pre-order at Amazon.com and a week from now, it will be available for purchase.
I hope that you’ll enjoy it as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it!